Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life is hard

Life has taken so many twists and turns that some times it seems hard to go on. There are few situations in life you cannot differentiate or fail to judge good from bad or vice versa. Or some times intentions are good but results turn out to be with dire consequences.

What if you are given a choice to loose either left eye or right? Or choose between dear or dearest? What if life asks the most difficult question that you know the answer but you don’t want to look into eyes of life and answer it? Questions like is it fair? Is it worth? How can you do this? Are you human? But life needs answers and needs it fast. It won’t wait for you. If you don’t take the decision then life takes it for you. And you will remain just a puppet in its fingers. Dancing to the tune and strings pulled.

Every time I come across such situation where I am cornered to the edge of a cliff, I hear only one sentence that was told to me by a friend of mine “ Jump – Either God will give you wings to fly or he will catch you in his arms” . Now its up to my faith in God how strongly I believe in it and jump. It reminds me of my first Bunjee jump from 150 feet. I had paid Rs500 to jump which was a bomb at that time. But when I was lifted in the crane to that height, I could see the entire city from top, and told to my self that why in the world did I pay to go through this torture. My legs trembled, hands were shivering, breez was so strong that it almost swayed me. I could literally hear the thump of my heart, I couldn’t swallow it was like stone stuck in my throat. The man behind me said “ I am gonna count 3- when I say 3 jump”…..and when he started to count I was about to stop him. But if I had I would have never jumped. I closed my eyes and let go. In that few seconds of fall my entire life flashed before me. And when I opened the eyes I could feel the adreline rush , blood gushing into my limbs - a natural survival instinct. For the first time I figured out what trust mean. The trust in the technique of bunjee jumping, the chord, the trainer. The trust and faith gives you the guts to jump which is against human’s all survival instinct. That day I understood how God needs to be trusted – The Alpha and Omega, Creator and destroyer , call him by any name. He asks of us for little patience in life to get through hard times. But we abuse him in hard time and praise him in good. Its said he creates medicine before creating a disease. We just have to find the medicine. Need to wait for that time to heal. He will heal you. Some times its before expected time and some time its after. But then who are we to set time expectations against Him. All we need to do is wait and praise him in happiness as well as in pain.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a nice saying Zia ..donnow if u ever came across "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" ....All we need to do is spend some time with ourselves, introspect and ascertain the positivity, potency & faith which we cannot find anywhere but within our own selves ..
Unfortunately we are too busy...for there are other things which we feel can change our lives (funny I know) ..Very rarely u get a chance when u find urself in a situation where all u can think of is Him and that he s not just a belief but the only hope between the A to Z of life … Good that you shared.. for I may not get a chance to experience that AND after reading your blog I certainly feel myself closer to the creator & savoir ...And that’s why I feel much stronger..

I am not a good player when it comes to “words” ..but u certainly are …Keep writing …your words are a real treat for d soul ..

Unknown said...

And one more thing ...
"Life s hard" ..I know ..and thats the real beauty of life ......difficulties are nothing but the opportunities to prove your mettle ...had it been easy then we would have called each other morons ......"Men" don't have it easy dude and thats what makes them man ..so pls dis "life s hard" sounds like an oxymoron ... especially when u talk of so much positivity & faith ..

Zia said...

Hey Sonam,I am overwhelmed by your response. You have been very kind towards me.

I liked the way you described Oxymoroan for the title.

your brilliant quotation of introspection of one's true power within is very true. We as humans are not utilising our true potential.

No doubt Men have to bite the dust for the living and as well handle life's implications. So does women in todays world. I feel its more for women. I think women is born survivor. She does what needs to be done for her and her offspring's survival.A Pure cold blooded survival organism.
As much as a big time male chavunists I am but i hate to admit that men may be strong physically but emotionally and politically, women beat men hands down. Wow this gives me an idea to write a blog on woman.

Thanks for your point of view on my blog. Please do visit again.

Unknown said...

Zia ...when I said "men" it meant we humans ...but yes if in case you wish to write a blog on women ....please go ahead ..it would certainly be an honor..and at the same time.. Interesting ..

You may spend your entire life understanding a women and still feel that life s too short a time to understand ..... !!
In any case I am looking forward to your understanding .. Goodluck.