Sunday, January 10, 2010
Mirror
How should one live life? by ones own virtue and belives or man made and well accepted so called customs? Neoism is abhored in most cases. People dont like change, anything new scares them. May its because its a basic instinct. We never know how to react to the outcome of the change. But what if that change is need of the hour? What is that chandge is the next step to evolution? new ideas? better angle to life ? but then there would be lot of ifs and buts. We are so hopelessely confided in routine that anything new would be just rebellious. A South Indian would never leave his "Dosa" nor will a North Indian leave his "Alu Paratha". Leave alone in India even overseas we still die to pay more and eat the same old thing again and again. What if one among us dont want to eat those Dosas and Parathas any more? what if he wants to try sushi? well needless to say he becomes the black sheep of the family instantly and brand by the letter "rebel" is stapmped on his forehead. Entire family starts of with gossips which never meant to be, not to forget the rumours and assumptions. Little do we realise that this act itself is a major factor for a person to become a blacksheep. Thats when Hitlers Osamabin ladens take birth. It is said "You die a hero , if you live long enough you become a villan".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
well ...Zia ..lets not forget that the components of "we" are multiple "I" s... its really difficult to bring about a change if u aim at changing the "we" ..one has to start from the "I" "Me" "Myself" ...
i try my bit ..u try urs ...
DOSA ...Prantha ...."We" south indians .. :) we north indians :)
forget about the rest ... jst try your bit and these bits will combine to form bytes ..
Hey Sonam, The title Mirror talks about the same. We see what we want to see or should I put it as I want to see.
Blog speaks about when" I" begins to become predominant "we" begin to startle and try and crush down the "I".
Interesting post Zia. Instead of getting into 'We' and 'I'...I would rather look at society as a whole and 'me' as apart of it. For a peaceful society there has to be a peaceful 'me' first. Not neglecting the individuality of 'me', a society also has to run smoothly to everyone's satisfaction. A caravan moves at the pace of its slowest unit...even the horse mounted soldiers. Remember the game 'Age of Empires'? I will be going a little off the course to make my point here. Being a Handwriting Analyst, and having seen many 'comprehensive' and cumulative' thinkers (You know what I am talking about), and myself being a comprehensive thinker, have found the hard way of slowing myself down to other people' pace of thinking. Sometimes it gets so annoying why they don't just get it. But the truth is, they sometimes just don't get it. What can one do about it? There are so many factors at personality level. The ego, cautiousness, low self-esteem, and ofcourse innate stubbornness - in handwritng terms, the fear of change. When people don't want to change, you can't change them. So there goes the 'We' and 'I' out the window. I like your last line though. "You die a hero , if you live long enough you become a villan". I would like to add my version of it. For a hero, the danger is not about losing his life while fighting the monster. That is why he is the hero. The real danger is eventually himslef becoming the monster.
Post a Comment